Wednesday, April 3, 2013

BREAKFAST WITH TA

One of the things about our God and our Father that I would like to share this morning..........
I was eleven years old when Dr. King was assassinated so I know a little about what the climate of the times were like in the U. S. during the "Jim Crow Era".........my parents thought by sheltering they were helping me........but when I was twelve, I was drawn to a book called, "Stride Toward Freedom", written by Dr. King.
 It was his first book..........
I used that book for my social studies class in 1969 to write a written report. I realize now that God was with me for a very long time. My report not only opened the eyes of the students but the teachers as well......................
.
Well, approximately forty years later (forty is the number of completion), God is leading me to write my first book.
The title comes from Dr. King's speech, "I've Been To The Mountaintop", where he speaks about the letter he received from the white female ninth grade student at White Plains H.S.
 (I work in White Plains, a coincidence or God?)...........
And Dr. King goes on to to answer her letter, what would have happened if he had sneezed.
Immediately, "If Martin Hadda Sneezed"............was placed in my spirit....................................

If Dr. King had sneezed, Dr. King would have died..............................But God wouldn't allow it..........................
Just like God, my brothers and sisters; God, won't allow you to die until like Dr. King, you've been to your mountain-top..................

So, I encourage you today to get off your blessed-assurance and seek God like never before.
Stop dreaming and start doing...............Stop scheming and start moving...................................

Say this with me: I want to do God's will. I want to go up to the mountain. I want to see the promise land. And I am going to get there, Hallelujah.
 I am going to see the glory of the coming of the Lord.
And I make this prayer of declaration in Jesus name.

1 comment:

  1. very interesting !
    great to have found your blog!
    blessings
    Susi from Austria

    I am running a challenge - via some artists there I found your blog!

    this is our challenge:
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY <a

    ReplyDelete