Thursday, January 2, 2014

LORD TEACH MY CHILDREN TO PRAY

Prayer: The breath of the soul; must line up with God's will...................................................
(Excerpt from Selah: Think on This)
 
 
Today's question comes from Grace: I disagree with you. I will pray how and when I choose. I know for a fact that God answers my prayers.
 
Grace comes in two dimensions, vertical and horizontal.
Vertical deals with our relationship with God. (centers)
Horizontal deals with our human relationships. (centers)
 
 
Praying for others and praying for ourselves takes one into two dimensions. 
 
 
Two christian women were led to pray for another christian woman. This christian woman, they learned was on the verge of losing her house. What these two dear christian women didn't know, almost cost them their lives. The woman christian homeowner was losing her house due to sin; the sin of gambling. Galatians 6:19-21 says that they that do the works of the flesh shall not inherit the kingdom of God. This kind of praying though well intentioned is like throwing water on a forest fire. Don't assume that just because a person says they are a christian that they are living vertically. This woman was living horizontally. And grace comes in two dimensions and grace comes from Christ.  
 
 
The two christian women began to feel uneasy in the spirit. They stopped praying and asked God. The Holy Spirit said, "Ask the woman?" The woman christian homeowner fell to her knees as tears ran down her cheeks. She confessed her gambling addiction. Her gambling debt was the reason she was losing her house. The three christian women now armed with this confession were able to pray in one accord.
 
Anointing to Change
 
Father, in the name of Jesus, give me the anointing to change. I yield myself to Your presence and Your power. I open my heart, my eyes, my ears and my spirit to hear from You. Show me the areas of my life that need change. I now realize that it is Your desire that I change, so that You may prove Your good, perfect and acceptable will for my life. (Romans 13:2) I thank You now, Lord, for the beautiful new creation You will make of me. I declare this so now, in Jesus' name. Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment