Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A DARKEN DAY


As I sit here in this darken place I want a way to get out
I know I need help so I start to scream and shout
I scream so loud with all the breath that I have in me
I scream so loud that I faint and fall to my knees
It is here I look up and see  a bright but distant light
Then I hear a voice say I will help to make it right
So I start to climb the walls of this darken place
The closer I get to the light I start picking up the pace
My hand start to grow weary I fear that I might fall
When I hear that voice again saying let go of the wall
So I let go and find I am not falling but standing on the ground
But the light still draws closer it's almost all around
Even though I not moving the light stills draw near
I catch a glimpse of the darkness as it quickly disappears
As the light illuminates I see how far I fell
I realize I was on the path that leads straight to hell
But now I see the right path and that is where I'll stay
Never forgetting the fear I felt on the darken day
The fear of being alone with no one around
In the darken pit that was so deep underground
I still have fear but it is a fear of God that lives within me
My lord my Savior Jesus Christ has now set me free
I am so grateful he showed me that no mater how far I fall
To just let go and trust him and he'll be there through it all.
 
By
Roberta Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment